Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Camels in Tunisia


We went to Tunisia for Christmas break. These are pictures of the camels we rode in Tunisia behind our hotel.


In Kairouan there were two wells and when it rained the rain would go inside a little door and when it goes through it goes out another door to the city. [Danielle is speaking of the ancient cisterns of Kairouan, depicted in the image below. Kairouan is the oldest Islamic settlement in North Africa and is considered the holiest city of Tunisia. -KA]

The camel outside [the Kauroan cisterns] was for weddings. [It is a camel that has a carry compartment attached--Berber brides would ride to the wedding in this compartment-KA]

5 comments:

Grandma Nena said...

My dear Danielita:Your Blog is awesome. We have been able to see all the splendid places that you have visited, museums and historic buildings, but for me, the real thrill is seeing you and your Mom and Dad in the great photos that you include.I miss you very much. Lots of LOVE,
Grandma Nena
Abuela Nena

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle! Guess who! It's Abby who babysat for you and we played webkinz together! How have you been? Italy looks amazing and so beautiful! Sounds awesome! I hope you've made some friends and it sure looks like you're having a really fun time! I love that you decided to make a blog of it, that's a great idea! I tried to write a blog once but I kind of forgot about it, so congratulations in keeping going! Those camels look cool too! They spit a lot! I saw them at a zoo before. Anyway, take care! I'll write again soon!
xoxo,
Abby :)

J.D. Trout said...

Hi Danielle,

I really like the Tunisia pictures, especially the camels. I heard that camels spit. Did you spit back?

But my favorite picture is an earlier one, where you are eating cotton candy. You look like you were happy and thinking very hard, maybe about eating even more cotton candy.

Jack is taking chorus and ceramics after school, and playing the guitar. And Jessie is taking drum lessons.

We miss you but we are glad you are having such a wonderful time.

We'll see you soon on the computer!!

J.D.

DASKMA said...

Hi Everyone,
The camels I saw were frothing, not spitting. Love, Danielle

Josh said...

Yo, what's up? Remember me, Josh? Hope you are having a fantastic time in Italy!

Happy Chinese New Year by the way!

Josh