Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally in India


When we arrived in India, it did not seem like the way people described India. I liked India because the people there worshiped animals and there were crows and dragon flies and cows everywhere.

[The cow in which people whisper their wishes, being sure to cover the other ear so the wish does not go in one ear and out the other...Danielle whispered a wish into this cow's ear]



[Temple cat in Chennai]

We went to many popular temples and they were all masterpieces.


I am sorry that all the recent posts have not had a picture of Wolfie, but that was because we have not been doing the blog for a long time. In real life we are actually on the boat and sailing towards Singapore, but I want to talk about India right now.

There was one temple where there was a little niche that my friend (who was a student) got into the niche and sat there and started meditating. I asked him if it was cozy and he said yes, so I asked if I could go up into it. Ditto.



[With flower stall worker outside Chennai Temple]

[Danielle learning to make a palm leaf basket in Dakshinachitra Heritage Village, outside Chennai]

My mom led a three day trip to the Taj Mahal while me and Dad went to temples.




And then one more thing: This does NOT have to do with India, but, I AM GETTING A KITTEN when we get back.

No comments: