Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday

[Below: Danielle's Halloween-themed 7th birthday was yesterday in the rectory of our neighborhood church, Santa Maria of Trastevere]

It was my birthday party yesterday. It was very fun. A lot of people were witches. There were also a lot of skeletons.
The party was mostly full of boys and the boys were going crazy. They were going crazy by running around and chasing each other. I ran around. I chased Candy Ghost and I got chased a little bit by a couple kids. [Below: Candy Ghost getting swarmed by the kids snatching the candies taped to his sheet].

I ate a lot of candies--I ate eyeballs, and spider legs and especially candy corns [sent to us by our wonderful Evanston neighbor Gayle]. There was a lot of food to eat. There was a spider game and we didn't get to play it. I got to do the pinata and I got lots of candy (mmmmmmm!)
We got to do face paint [Below: Loyola University Rome student, Claire, was our face painter]
[Below: video of Danielle blowing out the candles on her cake]


The end of the party was really fun. And after it was finished, there was a lot to do. We cleaned up a lot of stuff. [Below: A picture of us trudging home with our party gear after the party.]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle,

It sounds like you had a very special 7th birthday. I am happy that you are enjoying your time in Italy.
Happy Birthday!
Love
Mrs. Chase

Kelly LaFramboise said...

Happy Birthday, Danielle!
It looks like you had a very nice party!
Did you get to go trick-or-treating?
Wow! 7 years old! That sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Patty and George said...

Hi Danielle -

George and Patty are wishing you a belated birthday - your party looked really neat. Talk to you soon